Подарки с улыбкой.
Интернет-инструменты для малого бизнеса
| Linux Today|
Linux Today News Service
рекомендовать друзьям >>
- Editor's Note: Sony, Slayer of Progress
I was working on a piece similar to this, but Make author Phillip Torrone wroter a better, calmer, and more complete article. Enjoy! "This week I'm going to switch gears a little and declare an enemy for all makers, hackers, and innovators -- it's in a very different space: the consumer electronics industry. And who is this slayer of progress? Sony."
- Scripting the Linux desktop, Part 2: Scripting Nautilus
IBM Developerworks: "This series of articles explores how to use Python to create scripts for the GNOME desktop, the screenlets framework, and Nautilus to deliver a highly productive environment. Scripts on the desktop enable drag-and-drop functionality and quick access to the information and services you commonly use. In this installment, learn how to use Python to add functionality to extend Nautilus on your desktop."
- FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE Announcement
FreeBSD: "The FreeBSD Release Engineering Team is pleased to announce the availability of FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE. This is the third release from the 8-STABLE branch which improves on the functionality of FreeBSD 8.1 and introduces some new features"
- Canonical calls original proposal a "mistake" and overrides Banshee team's decision
Networkworld: "Canonical revises Banshee deal: Pray it doesn't alter it further"
- Senate Dems Voice Opposition to House Net Neutrality Repeal
Datamation: "Unfortunately, the House has decided that it knows better what is good for the Internet than the people who use, fund, and work on it"
- Ubuntu Linux for beginners: Tips for getting started
IT World: "Answers to all your Ubuntu setup questions -- and some you didn't think to ask."
- U.K. Comes out for Royalty-Free Standards for Government Procurement
Standards Blog: "The U.K. has become the latest country to conclude that for information and communications technology (ICT) procurement purposes, �open standards� means �royalty free standards.�"
- What are you doing on Friday?
Zenoss blog: "What are you doing Friday? We're Building a Cloud with Cloud.com, Openstack, and Opscode"
- Instalingl nfdump and nfsen Netflow tools in Linux
Linux * Screw: "Using nfsen it is possible to view IP traffic statistics on Linux interfaces including the graphs showing data sent and received (see the screenshot to the right) as well as historical information about all data transfers."
- Tech Comics: "Tech Dinosaurs"
Datamation: "Some of today's tech companies are quite large, but does that mean they'll be around long term?"
- How to Sync Firefox Add-ons, Bookmarks, Preferences, History
Softpedia: "Do you have lots of Firefox add-ons installed? Ever wondered if there's an easy way to backup and restore your Firefox's add-ons, preferences, history, passwords, bookmarks, and even the opened tabs?"
- Debate on Ubuntu Linux's Banshee $$ grab gets nasty
Netstat -vat: "There are a lot of 'touchy' issues in the open source world - none are perhaps more controversial than those involving money."
- Kernel Log: Coming in 2.6.38 (Part 3) � Network drivers and infrastructure
The H Open: "Kernel version 38 will offer a new meshing implementation, loads of new and improved LAN and Wi-Fi drivers, plus various minor changes that promise to improve the network subsystem's performance."
- London Stock Exchange hauled offline after major data problem
Computerworld UK: "The London Stock Exchange stopped trading this morning immediately after the opening auction, which experienced a major technical glitch."
- Intel's BIOS Implementation Test Suite, based on GRUB2
BIOSbits: "The Intel BIOS Implementation Test Suite (BITS) provides a bootable pre-OS environment for testing BIOSes and in particular their initialization of Intel processors, hardware, and technologies."
управление подпиской: http://www.rss2email.ru/manage.asp