| Linux Today|
Linux Today News Service
рекомендовать друзьям >>
- Add a Force Quit Applet to Ubuntu's Unity Launcher
OMG!Ubuntu: Long-time users of Ubuntu might recall that a handy �Force Quit' applet was once available to add to the desktop panel, which made �closing' misbehaving applications a cinch.
- Spreadsheets Come to ODF as Version 1.2 Wins Approval
PC World: The ODF 1.2 specification, which aims to perfect the spreadsheet workflow, has been approved
- Updated Debian GNU/Linux 5.0: 5.0.9 released
Debian: The Debian project is pleased to announce the ninth update of its oldstable distribution Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 (codename "lenny").
- kernel.org status: hints on how to check your machine for intrusion
LWN: The compromise of kernel.org and related machines has made it clear that some developers, at least, have had their systems penetrated.
- How To Install Repcached (Memcached Replication) For High-Availability Over 2 Nodes On Ubuntu 11.04
HowtoForge: "This how to will cover the missing parts for installing Repcached on Ubuntu server 11.04. This is a copy/paste friendly tutorial so using putty will make this a lot easier."
- openSUSE 12.1 Beta 1 Is Now Available for Download
Softpedia: "openSUSE 12.1 Beta 1 is now available for download for both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures."
- Citrix stretches XenServer 6.0 to cover bigger iron
Channel Register: "The company continues to hammer out code to make Xen a credible alternative to VMware's ESXi, Microsoft's Hyper-V, and Red Hat's KVM."
- The Electric Sheep Project | The Collaborative Dreams of Thousands of Computers
Ubuntu Manual: "Electric Sheep is a distributed computing program for Linux, Mac and Windows. It was built using the Flame Fractal, created by Scott Draves in 1992 and may be the first example of open source visual art."
- Alternative Web Browsers for Linux
Starry Hope: "This is not a comprehensive list of Linux web browsers, just 10 that we liked."
- Intrusion detection systems: Using tripwire on Linux
Linux Career: "Before we start, a very important piece of advice: try to install tripwire right after you install the system, because this way there are better chances it'll be clean, unaltered by malicious individuals."
- How to create your own cloud with Linux
TechRadar UK: "Strip away the buzz about cloud computing and all you've got is a web application that gives you the look and feel of a native desktop app, but runs inside a browser and is hosted on a remote web server halfway around the world."
- HTC Android phones leak personal data to any app with Internet permissions
Geek.com: "This vulnerability isn't a backdoor or some inherent flaw in Android, it is instead HTC failing to lock down its data sharing policies used in the Tell HTC software users have to allow or disallow on their phone."
- Enterprise Apps Today: JasperSoft Makes Business Intelligence Mobile
EnterpriseAppsToday: "Jasper 4.2 includes new mobile capabilities for the open source-based business intelligence suite."
- Trisquel GNU/Linux - Free Software and Gorgeous
Linux, BSD, and everything else...: "Trisquel GNU/Linux is as you can see by the naming convention one of the few distributions fully endorsed by the Free Software Foundation, and in return they're doing a lot to promote the FSF and their principles on their website."
- Webopedia Term of the Day: what is Boot to Gecko?
Webopedia: "Boot to Gecko, or B2G, is an ambitious Mozilla project initiated to build a complete, standalone operating system for the open Web."
|Где на свете?/Ubi terrarum?|
Блог активных/креативных путешественников Ubi-Terrarum. Путешествуйте с нами в любое время дня и ночи, не покидая удобного кресла перед компьютером! Удивительные места, качественные и красивые фотографии, подробные рассказы об увиденном.
управление подпиской: http://www.rss2email.ru/manage.asp
партнерская программа: http://partner.rss2email.ru/?pid=1