| Linux Today|
Linux Today News Service
рекомендовать друзьям >>
- Evaluating Chromebook: Treats and Risks
GooGez: "The first consequence that comes in my mind, is what would the netbook do in the absence of internet? No matter what, we can't deny the fact that we cannot completely rely on a hardware that works with internet, and its nothing in itself."
- pfSense FAQs
PACKT Publishing: "pfSense is an open source distribution of FreeBSD-based firewall which provides a platform for flexible and powerful routing and firewalling. This article will take a look at some frequently asked questions on pfSense."
- FTC Seeks Input on Patent Holdup in Standards Development
The Standards Blog: "Last week, the FTC announced a new standards development process fact-finding effort, this time announcing a workshop intended to help them better understand whether 'patent holdup' is causing a problem in the marketplace. It's open to the public, and you're free to submit written comments as well."
- Awoken 2.0 Released, Includes Extensive Ubuntu 11.04 Support, Natty PPA
Tech Drive-in: "Awoken Icon Theme was among our collection of top 10 icon themes for Ubuntu and it surely is one among the best free icon themes available for Ubuntu GNOME desktop."
- Setting Up A Spam-Proof Home Email Server (Debian Squeeze)
HowtoForge: "Email spam is a huge problem. I have found for myself quite a simple solution, however it'll take some time to 'migrate' completely over to it. This howto will set up a full functioning email server with according scripts to make easy email management."
- Intel, IBM, and HP back open source against VMware
The Register: "Some of tech's biggest names are standing up to VMware, creating an industry group meant to accelerate the adoption of an open-source virtualization stack built atop the KVM hypervisor."
- Attachmate Exec Takes Control of SUSE Linux
Datamation: What are Attachmate's plans for Linux?
- Discover Rootkits With Unhide
ServerWatch: "If you've ever encountered a rootkit, you know the symptoms: suddenly a box is sluggish or sending out gobs of network traffic, but running top and ps aux show nothing that should be the culprit. One quick and dirty way to turn up the offending processes is to use the unhide utility or its Ruby counterpart unhide.rb. It's a helpful tool to have around for Linux server management."
- Cheat Sheet collection for Linux users
Linuxaria: If you use the command line, you likely can benefit from this cheat sheet.
- Linux Top 5: ChromeBook Debuts as Ubuntu Developer Summit Maps Out the Future
Linux Planet: ChromeBook, UDS, a new kernel, BackTrack 5 and Fedora 15
- Python4Kids: New Tutorial - A Functioning Stand Alone Python Program
Python4kids: Make a standalone python app without using the python interpreter.
- Mozilla's New Firefox 5 Aurora to Beta plan is working out
Netstat -vat: "Count me among those that have been a bit skeptical about Mozilla's new rapid release cycle."
- The top 20 strongholds for desktop Linux.
Royal Pingdom: "The United States is far outside the top 20, with a 0.73% desktop OS market share for Linux. "
- Perl 5.14 Improves IPv6, Unicode
Developer.com: "Perl 5.14 is now available, marking the first major release of the open source development language since Perl 5.12 in 2010."
- 6 Important Changes for Upcoming Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot
Tech Drive-in: No we don't what an Ocelot is either.
|Лучшие горящие предложения Мистера Тура!|
Лучшие предложения для вашего отдыха! Горящие туры в Хорватию, Испанию, Португалию, Италию, Чехию, Турцию, Египет и другие страны!.
управление подпиской: http://www.rss2email.ru/manage.asp
партнерская программа: http://partner.rss2email.ru/?pid=1