| Linux Today|
Linux Today News Service
рекомендовать друзьям >>
- Survey: Half Of Enterprise Software Will Be Open Source Within Five Years
Network Computing: "Open source vendors have long hyped the idea that open source is going 'mainstream,' but in this year's survey 60 percent of the respondents are end users, which means that users are acknowledging that too."
- Evolution or Thunderbird: Which should be the default mail client in Ubuntu?
Ubuntu Manual: "Most of the time the debate ends in a stalemate; then why do we need to point to any one application as the default? This time the victims were the two popular clients email clients - Thunderbird and Evolution to be included in the next release of Ubuntu."
- Liberating non-free software with Linux-libre
Unixmen: "Released in March 2009, Linux-Libre is in a sense a grandchild of the already established distributions gNewSense and BLAG. Though, UTUTO-e , a Gentto based Linux distro, is credited to have removed licensed linux source code for the first time, Linux-Libre improves considerably on the entire process and is more pro-active in its features."
- Do Developers Really Need A Second Monitor?
Datamation: A developer tells his IT manager that a second monitor is a necessity, not a luxury.
- Groklaw - The blog that made a difference -
The H: Q&A with Pamela Jones.
- Zenwalk 7, it didn't go well...
Mandriva Chronicles: "Yesterday, I downloaded the Live CD of Zenwalk 7 and I must confess that I liked it a lot."
- Microsoft's open source love-in expands with CentOS Linux support
NetworkWorld: A back-handed compliment to Red Hat?
- Process RAW Files with Rawstudio
Scribbles and Snaps: "Although Rawstudio is designed for serious amateurs and professional photographers alike, the application sports a slick and user-friendly interface which puts all the essential tools at your fingertips and makes it easy to get to grips with this powerful application."
- Mono Reborn in Xamarin, thanks to Miguel de Icaza
Netstat -vat: The open source model works. Just because one company kills a project, doesn't mean the project is actually dead.
- A Preview of Fedora 15: Rough around the edges, but worth the trouble
Matthew Casperson's Hubfolio: "With all the hype surrounding Gnome 3, Fedora 15 is sure to get a lot of attention when it is released, as it is one of the first major Linux distributions to include Gnome 3 out of the box."
- Pinguy OS 11.04 Is Based on Ubuntu 11.04, Without Unity
Softpedia: "Pinguy OS 11.04 does not include the Unity interface, which has been completely removed from the system."
- What's up with ARM?
Linux Developer Network: "Over the course of the last month or so, numerous people have asked me for my opinion on what's going on with the ARM architecture in Linux."
- Big Blue plus Red Hat plus Private Cloud equals Purple Reign?
ZDnet: "What do you get when you combine something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue? You get IBM and Red Hat."
- Open Source Advocates Angry at German Gov't Decision
PC World: "Open source activists have hit out at the German government for its decision to abandon free software in favor of Microsoft."
- What is the Top Open Source License?
InternetNews: "It all depends on how you ask the question. The most used license is not the same as the license used in the top downloaded open source apps."
|Записки опытного ЖЖ-шника о SEO|
Только авторские статьи о продвижении сайтов и заработке в интернете. О seo просто и доступно!
управление подпиской: http://www.rss2email.ru/manage.asp
партнерская программа: http://partner.rss2email.ru/?pid=1